Ar Aghaidh Leat (e-Book)
A comprehensive reference book for planning and teaching Irish lessons in primary schools
Ar Aghaidh Leat is a bilingual reference book designed specifically for teachers in primary schools or parents supporting their child in developing the Irish language in the home. It provides an invaluable compilation of vocabulary, grammar, comprehension, writing and presentation skills to support the delivery of the Primary Language Curriculum.
It was developed by an experienced primary school teacher with the aim of enabling teachers to plan Irish lessons with proven teaching methodologies that reflect the diversity of their students' language experience.
Ar Aghaidh Leat aims to consolidate aspects of the three strands of the New Primary Language Curriculum. Within these strands are elements that describe essential language learning: developing communicative relationships through language, understanding the content and structure of language, and exploring and using language.
Benefits of Ar Aghaidh Leat for planning and teaching primary-level Irish lessons
• One-stop-shop primary school teaching resource for all the vocabulary associated with the 10 themes of the Primary Language Curriculum
• All your grammar questions answered and supports the teaching of tricky grammatical points to students
• Guidance on teaching sentence structure and writing stories on a variety of events/ occasions
• Provides key terminology for oral presentations, debates, and written reports
• Includes games, activities and useful worksheets to support the learning of Irish
• Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs)
• Teachers looking for a single resource to support differentiated instruction in the classroom
• Parents who wish to support their children with their written and oral language skills at home
This is an outstanding resource. It is a comprehensive overview of all of the themes, grammar and language skills pupils need in line with the Primary Language Curriculum. The layout of the book is very user friendly and the transfer of skills between English and Irish language learning is so practical. While aimed primarily at teachers in the senior classes this is definitely a resource every teacher would benefit from having on their desk.