Learning to Learn Teacher Manual - Version 2 (e-Book)
The Learning to Learn programme provides students with the cognitive and emotional awareness tools to support them on their journey through the Junior Cycle. The overall purpose of the programme is to create confident, connected and engaged learners.
The teacher manual accompanying the Learning to Learn student programme containing the following:
- Theory and knowledge underpinning the programmea
- Outline of the programme structure
- Relevant connection to the curriculum
- Accompanying layout and format for each lesson
- Explanation of teaching pedagogy and approach, with over 16 teaching methodologies included to support collaborative learning in the areas of discussion, paired and group work, and ICT use.
- Blank paired and group work activity sheets
Recommended guide to delivering the programme in your school
• Contributes to 100 hours of wellbeing for Junior Cycle students
• Structured to follow the student’s journey through the Junior Cycle
• Designed with flexibility in mind, allowing schools to plan the delivery of the programme in a format that suits their school’s needs
• May be delivered by subject teachers, guidance counsellors and members of the school’s pastoral and student support team